As the world continues to evolve and modernize, more and more unusual events are happening around the globe. From weird festivals to one-of-a-kind competitions, here are the top 10 most unusual events that you won’t want to miss!
1. The World Bog Snorkeling Championships – This annual event takes place in Wales and involves competitors snorkeling through a 55-meter long peat bog. It is an incredibly unique experience that attracts thousands of spectators every year.
2. The International Highline Meeting – This annual gathering of highliners (people who walk on tightropes) takes place in Monte Piana, Italy. Competitors come from all over the world to test their skills on some of the highest tightropes in existence.
3. The La Tomatina Festival – This Spanish festival is held each August and involves thousands of people throwing tomatoes at each other in a massive food fight! It is definitely an experience that you won’t forget anytime soon!
4. The World Alternative Games – Held every four years in Wales, this event features some of the strangest sports that you can imagine ranging from wife carrying to worm charming!
5. The Cheese Rolling Competition – Held annually since the 1800s, this event involves competitors rolling wheels of cheese down a steep hill and trying to catch them at the bottom! It is definitely a unique spectacle that you won’t want to miss out on!
6. The Underwater Music Festival – Every July, hundreds of divers gather off the coast of Florida for an underwater concert featuring live music from local bands and DJs!
7. The Air Guitar World Championships – Held annually in Finland, this competition features air guitarists from all over the world competing for the title of “Air Guitar World Champion”!
8. The International Pillow Fight Day – This worldwide event takes place every April and encourages people everywhere to take part in massive pillow fights! It is sure to be a fun time for everyone involved!
9. The Running Of The Bulls – This traditional Spanish festival has been taking place since 1591 and involves participants running ahead of six bulls through narrow streets as they make their way towards a bullring where they will eventually be killed or released back into their natural habitat depending on how well they perform during their run.
10. Burning Man Festival – Held annually since 1986, this weeklong event attracts tens of thousands of participants who come together in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert for music, art installations and performances by artists from around the world!